Moomin Valley

The Moomins are the central characters in a series of books and a comic strip by Swedish-Finn illustrator and writer Tove Jansson, originally published in Swedish by Schildts in Finland. They are a family of trolls who are white and roundish, with large snouts that make them resemble hippopotamuses. The carefree and adventurous family live in their house in Moominvalley, in the forests of Finland, though in the past their temporary residences have included a lighthouse and a theatre. They have many adventures along with their various friends.
From what I gather, Moomin ain't a very popular cartoon in Singapore, but I've liked these guys since about five years ago. I actually only like Moomintroll to be exact. Because I think the rest aren't cute enough to be loveable. But of course they are still 不可或缺 because without them my favourite Moomintroll won't be able to stand out enough >.<

Recently, I'm quite into some of the cartoons that have been a part of my childhood. Cartoons from my childhood include Bananas In Pyjamas, Teletubbies, Barney, Tom & Jerry, Snoopy, Garfield, Pearls Before Swine, Madeline, Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh etc etc etc. I watched a lot and a lot of cartoons when I was young, so it's mostly a you-name-it, i-watched-it kind of thing. And I followed Playhouse Disney Channel religiously up until I was in Y3 okay. I can like sit in front of the TV all day being very happy about the happy endings + nice resolutions that happened every 30mins. I remember Bear in the Big Blue House was at 9am and I loved Pip and Pup the two cute little purple otters so much I would wake up early just to catch the show :3 But I really dislike action-packed stuff. And that is still true until now. Except I really like 武侠 stuff.

I'm pretty hyped up by Moomin and 喜羊羊 and the Smurfs currently. Not that I don't like the rest alr. Although I don't like Teletubbies as much anymore. Actually I've never really liked the Teletubbies. For the longest time I can remember, and until today, my favourite character is THE VACUUM CLEANER :D and not forgetting the cute little bunnies that were always on the grass (:

So anw back to my Moomin thing. Today I had lunch with Yanting and Wu Ai at MOF since we all never ate there before. THE FOOD WAS AWESOME ESPECIALLY THE ICE-CREAM. And the Iced Azuki (is that how it's spelt?) was an interesting drink to try! And the bill came up to only $17.46 because they gave a good discount for those who ate after 2.30pm, which we couldn't be any earlier due to school anw.

Then on our way to our extremely productive study session at the Esplanade Library, we went to Prints and I saw CUTE MOOMIN STICKERS + POST-ITS + KEY CHAIN omg totally 花痴. But sadly Moomin is so popular that the price of its merchandise is 4 or 5 times the price of just normal patterns ):

Yup, that's all I wanted to say. That I finally found some Moomin merchandise in Singapore heh.