Writing as the Lesser of Two Evils

There goes the last of my assignments for this sem. On Friday aftnn, I caught a movie with ade, and although it would count as a sort of celebratory event, there is nothing to be happy over, really. Because the end of submissions marks the start of exams.

Writing thoughtfully is such a chore. It's very unlike blogging, which allows me to shoot my mouth off based on my subjective sense-making processes. I get to interpret the world and my experiences in whatever way I choose to, but personal experiences don't count for much in essays, unless they are disguised as interviews and shrouded in theory. Which means I cannot ignore the thoughts and ideas of others; I have to talk to many people, and even read the works of many people who have previously written on the subject matter. Their ideas may not concur with mine, but it really does not matter, since the aim is to present a holistic understanding before arguing for a stand. Making subjective look objective is the way to go. I truly believe that if I ever did do my due research before writing my blog posts, they'd probably look very different from what they are now, simply because much of my thoughts only represent my reality, and have failed to incorporate the reality of others, which sometimes changes my perspectives on things in its entirety. Although I look pretty intelligent outwardly, I do have those times where I find out I have been living in too blissful an ignorance too, and then when I look back, I cringe at how I could use to think something totally different.

Despite all my complaints about writing (actually just the background work, since the writing itself doesn't take too long, as evidenced by the way I was trained to produce 1500 words in 2hrs for the GP exam), it is still much better than doing math, at least in my case. But my math isn't too bad either, since I could solve an A-level trigonometry question even after three years of abstinence. That just proves I have a good grounding in mathematical theory. I would like to thank all my teachers for that, but I would like to thank my brain more for being so reliable :D

Being able to apply math formulae in itself isn't all that great. It's the people who are able to see math in every little detail of life who make math great. There are so many people who can get first class honours in math, and I think I could too, if only I had enough time and put in enough hard work. It may be an uphill climb, but it's not completely impossible. Then there's Da Vinci, who saw math in nature and in art. And that's the turning point for where math is no longer simply useful, but has become divine.

But Da Vinci had an IQ of 220, so I shouldn't even attempt a comparison of myself with him. I'll just stick to writing.