What I Watched This Week

Weekly summaries and midweek do not mix well together, I know that much. Unfortunately, Y4 is exhausting and tiresome, and basically a royal pain. I am just glad I made through 5 weeks of it alr. This is such a busy and trying period that if I do not write today, it may be difficult to find time to do so anymore. So even though it is only Thursday, I am going to summarise the little doses of happiness that have helped me pull through this killer week, starting last Thursday.

W - Two Worlds Ep 12 & 13 & 14
This show was lost in its own convoluted mess for a little while, but it has found its footing and is now trying hard to untangle the ball of a disaster it has created. Basically, it went from awesome to confusing to convoluted, and back to confusing again. I hope it goes and gets back its awesome as we approach the finale!

***

Cinderella and Four Knights Ep 7 & 8
I thought bad boy leads were supposed to warm up to our candy types, and not just wake up one morning deciding that he likes the girl? I can see how the chemistry between Hyun-min (or Seo-woo, or even Yoon-sung the Bodyguard) and Ha-won would lead to flying sparks, but Ji-woon did not do anything and he just ups and declares his love one day and that gives him the right to get the girl? I am so upset right now. I have not had second-lead syndrome this bad in such a long time.

But the worst thing is the stepsister. She is so whiny and self-indulgent to the point of self-delusion and just all-around shallow. I know she is the antagonist and I am supposed to hate her, but how about we have an antagonist with some depth. Like Prof Hye-sung in Bring it on, Ghost. The fear he elicits is real.

***

1N2D Ep 139
PARK BO-GUMMM! Omg why is he so cute and so helpful and so cute! But besides how cute he is (which was the main point for the previous three eps, really,) I finally understood the whole video with the head-bobbing thing. When they first started making the video, I was like, are they crazy?! But then I realised this is why, with enough experience, actors can be directors too. Cos they can see the end product in their head, which when spliced together actually makes a lot of sense! o:

***

Moonlight Drawn by Clouds Ep 5 & 6
My second and third doses of Park Bo-Gum cuteness for the week! It is a pretty light and fluffy show, so I am just watching it breezily, rather than actually being drawn in and invested. But still! The prince once again outdoes my expectations with all the twists and turns of his schemes. It makes me rethink all his flightiness as maybe a cover for some other greater plan too.

***

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart in Goryeo Ep 4 & 5
I alr know how this drama is supposed to play out, but I am surprised by the new elements Korea has thrown into the mix. And I am a little thrown off by its fast pace. What took three eps to cover in the original story was done all in the first ep, so I wonder if I had wasted 35hrs of my life watching 步步惊心 when I could have just done it in 16hrs (or was it 20hrs?)